ShearShare is the first B2B salon space rental app that allows beauty and barbering professionals to rent workspace by the day in cities all over the world!
Founded by Dr. Tye and Courtney Caldwell, ShearShare has rapidly grown to 350+ cities and was recently named winner of Google Demo Day 2018 and Tech. Co Startup of the Year. We are deconstructing a century-old evergreen industry that literally touches everyone. Want to join us?
Roles & Responsibilities:
We’re looking for an experienced backend developer to join our smart, nimble, and fast-paced team. Must have an understanding of basic networking and databases and a genuine interest in software development. As we continue to expand and add new products, you will completely own your work product and be empowered to make the major architectural decisions that go with releasing any product. This is an important role, as you are helping to create new features for the awesome ShearShare community while managing our infrastructure.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the design and development of an end-to-end product
- Collaborate with ShearShare team members to build product roadmap
- Inform architecture decisions based on scalability needs, systems, user patterns
- Evaluate new technologies and stay current on industry best practices
- Write tests to cover new and existing functionality
- Build a product that is revolutionizing an entire industry!
- An uber-positive mindset and hard work ethic
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering OR related field
- 5+ years in software development or related field
- Experience with debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with web servers such as Apache, nginx, or similar
- Experience working on backends that are scalable, fault tolerant, well-documented, and most importantly testable
- Familiarity with developing on S3, EC2, RDS and other AWS services
- Experience working with the Laravel framework and SQL-style databases
- Able to quickly adopt emerging open source technologies and enhance/contribute
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Experience with integrated payment solutions
GREAT TO HAVE:
- 3+ years experience developing on AWS
- Experience with building a messaging system
- Experience integrating various third-party services like Stripe, Twilio, etc.