ShearShareis the first B2B salon space rental app that allows beauty and barbering professionals to rent workspace by the day in cities all over the world.
Founded by Dr. Tye and Courtney Caldwell, ShearShare is a passion-driven organization that has rapidly grown to 350+ cities, is used by thousands of stylists worldwide, and counts more than 650 hosts as part of its community. We are passionate about beauty.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Now experiencing our most rapid growth to date, ShearShare needs a Senior Software Engineer for Android. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to join us to help create new features for the ShearShare community and manage our infrastructure. As we continue to expand and add new products, you will completely own your product and be empowered to make major architectural decisions that go with releasing any product. Our Android implementation is fully native and focuses on performance, usability, and code quality.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the design and development of the ShearShare Android application
- Work iteratively with product, design, backend, QA team members to build product
- Build a product that is revolutionizing an entire industry!
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering OR related field
- 4+ years in software development or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience creating and publishing successful app(s) to a prominent Android app stores (such as Google Play Store or Amazon App Store)
- Thorough understanding of core Android concepts
- Experience building apps compatible with Android OS versions 14.1 (Jelly Bean) through 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Experience optimizing, refactoring, and debugging views and layout hierarchies
- Experience in creating UIs using custom themes, styles, attributes, and resources
- Understanding of RESTful API interaction and JSON
- Git or other source control management
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to discuss and debate, as well as give and take support and challenges in a team environment
- Working understanding of agile development process
- Attention to detail
Great to have:
- A keen eye for design
- Experience participating in performance optimization exercises
- Experience integrating various third-party services like Stripe, Twilio, etc.
- An uber-positive mindset and hard work ethic