ShearShare is the #1 app for salon and barbershop space rental. We are the first B2B mobile marketplace for stylists to manage and grow their small business on their terms, starting with space to work.
Founded by Dr. Tye and Courtney Caldwell, ShearShare is a passion-driven organization that has rapidly grown to 625+ cities and is used by thousands of stylists worldwide. We are passionate about small businesses in our industry.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Now experiencing our most rapid growth to date, the company needs a Data Scientist. We’re looking for a determined data scientist to help us leverage deep tech to pull value out of data for the ShearShare community. As we continue to expand, you will completely own your data product and be empowered to make major tech decisions.
Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their goals and determine how data can be used to achieve those goals
- Manage and mine all proprietary ShearShare data, securely and cost-effectively ingesting, storing, and analyzing large volumes of diverse, full-fidelity data
- Design data modeling processes to create algorithms and predictive models and perform custom analysis
- Manipulate large data sets and use them to identify trends and reach meaningful conclusions to inform strategic business decisions
- Collaborate with engineering/product/ops/marketing team members to launch new ShearShare app features and functionality
- Serve as the internal expert on ML, AI and identifying data insights
- Manage metrics reporting and provide tactical suggestions to drive towards product and engineering KPI goals
- Prioritize, launch, and measure success of all ML-enabled features
- Create internal weekly meetups to showcase new data finds and help cultivate an appreciation for ML and AI with each department head
- Stay abreast of new technologies that could impact how we serve the ShearShare community
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Data Science OR related field
- 2+ years in data science or related experience
- Experience working with AWS, Google Cloud, and AutoML
- Experience designing data modeling processes to create algorithms and predictive models, and performing custom analysis
- Ability to communicate actionable insights using data, sometimes for a non-technical audience
- Experience in R statistical programming, advanced linear modeling, data extraction, geospatial data and heat map visualization, data cleaning, Python programming
- Excellent written and oral communication, ability to ask the right questions to begin the discovery process
- Experience applying apply data science techniques, such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and artificial intelligence
- Obsessed with measuring and improving results, presenting results to stakeholders, making adjustments based on feedback, and repeating the process to solve new problems
- Able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Great analytics and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
GREAT TO HAVE:
- A critical thinking, analytical thinking, teachable, and inquisitive spirit
- Experience with Google’s Cloud Machine Learning Engine
- Familiarity working with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and text analysis
- An uber-positive mindset and hard work ethic
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO HELLO@SHEARSHARE.COM, ATTN: NEHA.