ShearShareis the first B2B salon space rental app that allows beauty and barbering professionals to rent workspace by the day in cities all over the world.
Founded by Dr. Tye and Courtney Caldwell, ShearShare is a passion-driven organization that has rapidly grown to 350+ cities, is used by thousands of stylists worldwide, and counts more than 650 hosts as part of its community. We are passionate about beauty.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Now experiencing our most rapid growth to date, the company needs a Full Stack Engineer. We’re looking for an experienced developer to join us to help create new features for the ShearShare community and manage our infrastructure. As we continue to expand and add new products, you will completely own your product and be empowered to make the major architectural decisions that go with releasing any product.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the design and development of an end-to-end product
- Collaborate with team members to build product roadmap
- Inform architecture decisions based on scalability needs, systems, user patterns
- Build a product that is revolutionizing an entire industry!
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering OR related field
- 4+ years in software development or related field
- Experience working on backends that are scalable, fault tolerant, well-documented and most importantly testable
- Familiarity with developing on AWS and using its SDKs
- Write tests to cover new and existing functionality
- Evaluates new technologies and stays current on industry best practices
- Experience working with SQL DB
- Able to quickly adopt emerging open source technologies and enhance/contribute
- Experience with server monitoring/logging and triage tools
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Experience with caching tech
- Understanding of basic networking and databases
- Have a genuine interest in software development
- Experience with integrated payment solutions
- Experience with front-end development
GREAT TO HAVE:
- 2+ years’ experience developing on AWS
- Experience with message brokers and frameworks
- Experience integrating various third-party services like Stripe, Twilio, etc.
- An uber-positive mindset and hard work ethic
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO HELLO@SHEARSHARE.COM, ATTN: KRISTEN TUCKER.