ShearShare is the #1 app for on-demand salon and barbershop chair rentals. We are the first B2B mobile marketplace for stylists to manage and grow their small business on their terms, starting with space to work.
Founded by Dr. Tye and Courtney Caldwell, ShearShare is a passion-driven organization that has rapidly grown to 625+ cities and is used by thousands of stylists worldwide. We are passionate about small businesses in our industry.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Now experiencing our most rapid growth to date, the company needs a Senior Full Stack Engineer (remote). We’re looking for an experienced developer to join us to help create new features for the ShearShare community and manage our infrastructure. As we continue to expand and add new products, you will completely own your product and be empowered to make the major architectural decisions that go with releasing any product.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the design and development of an end-to-end product
- Collaborate with team members to build product roadmap
- Inform architecture decisions based on scalability needs, systems, user patterns
- Build a product that is revolutionizing an entire industry!
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering OR related field
- 4+ years in software development or related field
- Experience working on backends that are scalable, fault tolerant, well-documented and most importantly testable
- Familiarity with developing on AWS, Google Cloud, and using their SDKs
- Write tests to cover new and existing functionality
- Evaluates new technologies and stays current on industry best practices
- Experience working with SQL DB
- Able to quickly adopt emerging open source technologies and enhance/contribute
- Experience with server monitoring/logging and triage tools
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Experience with caching tech
- Understanding of basic networking and databases
- Have a genuine interest in software development
- Experience with integrated payment solutions
- Experience with front-end development
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, passion-filled environment
GREAT TO HAVE:
- 2+ years’ experience developing on AWS and Google Cloud
- Experience managing super-productive team members
- Experience with message brokers and frameworks
- Experience integrating various third-party services like Stripe, Twilio, etc.
- An uber-positive mindset and hard work ethic
PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO HELLO@SHEARSHARE.COM, ATTN: NEHA.