ShearShare is the first B2B salon space rental app that allows beauty and barbering professionals to rent workspace by the day in cities all over the world!
Founded by Dr. Tye and Courtney Caldwell, ShearShare has rapidly grown to 350+ cities and was recently named winner of Google Demo Day 2018 and Tech. Co Startup of the Year. We are deconstructing a century-old evergreen industry that literally touches everyone. Want to join us?
Roles & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a passionate Director of Growth Marketing to join our executive team.Reporting to the COO, the Director of Growth Marketing will lead all marketing efforts and play a critical role in designing and executing on ShearShare’s roadmap as we build the world’s first B2B platform for daily salon and barbershop space rental. Your duties will include managing all marketing operations, assessing and improving existing initiatives, and devising new strategies to increase bookings and revenue.
The best candidate should have a testing mindset, be data-driven and be ready to test non-digital strategies. You should have strong expertise in digital marketing channels that are best for stylists/barbers/salon and barbershop owners (Instagram, Google, YouTube, FB, Yahoo groups, texting platforms) and should have some experience in traditional marketing (print, OOH ads, direct mail, TV) to test those channels as well.
You will have excellent leadership and communication skills to successfully provide guidance to the team, and you will have a vast knowledge of current marketing trends and tools, including influencer marketing. For meaningful growth, startups must completely change the rules of traditional channels or innovate outside of those growth channels so we will need you will dig deep creatively, and relentlessly test new ideas. You will be a “Jackie/Jack Of All Trades” and will have no fear of failure. Your goals will be based on building a loyal and engaged stylist and host base with eyes on Revenue Per User and Cost Per User.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide overall strategy and leadership for the marketing roadmap
Develop data-driven, multi-channel marketing strategies to acquire and retain new stylists and hosts
Grow the scale and engagement of both sides of the ShearShare marketplace on all platforms, and create and measure OKRs against quarterly and yearly goals
Work across departments to ensure consistent brand voice across all initiatives
Help launch and scale new partnerships, lines of business, and products through successful Go To Market plans and customer lifecycle development (e.g. acquisition, retention, and churn win-back)
Strategically scale ShearShare’s business by leveraging paid and non-paid channels to hit acquisition targets, while driving acquisition costs down
Build out and execute new and existing growth channels, regardless of platform to deliver maximum return against defined objectives and budgets
Manage the day-to-day workflow of growth marketing programs, building key relationships with cross-functional teams, agency partners and supporting teams
Define core metrics that drive spend with detailed inputs and outputs, to include margin contribution, retention and brand
Grow and develop an in-house marketing team
Build a network of reliable external agencies and marketing professionals
Provide thought leadership and perspective for the adoption of emerging tech and media channels and conduct market research while staying abreast of competitors in the marketplace
A/B test, value-additive blog posts, data-driven email marketing campaigns, SEO optimization, creative ad copy, and technical analysis of every aspect of the ShearShare user’s experience
Develop and drive effective positioning and messaging strategy that allows ShearShare to attract and retain the right community members
- Collaborate with other ShearShare team members to ensure funnel metrics are converting
- An uber-positive mindset and hard work ethic
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Marketing/Business/Psychology OR related field
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills
- 5+ years in marketing/ demand generation/ business development role where your results directly impacted the bottom line (not just likes on Facebook)
- Experience managing a marketing budget that includes online and offline strategies (SEO, PPC, owned and earned media)
- Knowledge of end-to-end marketing and sales funnels, designing buyer personas
- Familiarity with email marketing tools (Hubspot, MailChimp, SendGrid, etc.)
- Ability to write impactful marketing copy in your sleep
- Be uber-comfortable in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Creative and entrepreneurial spirit
Exceptional knowledge of marketing techniques and platforms
Desire to lean about the beauty and barbering industry
- Experience with designing and executing a marketing content calendar
- Experience with Web application and blogging tools
- Has an innate love for data, enjoys measuring all marketing tactics to determine viability