ShearShare is the first B2B salon space rental app that allows beauty and barbering professionals to rent workspace by the day in cities all over the world!
Founded by Dr. Tye and Courtney Caldwell, ShearShare has rapidly grown to 350+ cities and was recently named winner of Google Demo Day 2018 and Tech. Co Startup of the Year. We are deconstructing a century-old evergreen industry that literally touches everyone. Want to join us?
Roles & Responsibilities:
We’re looking for an experienced product designer who obsesses over great design to join our smart, nimble, and fast-paced team. You will help design the user experience for our awesome ShearShare community. Must be a self-starter who loves to have your hands in multiple projects, gets giddy over UX design, and thrives when working in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment. Genuine interest in delighting users with elegant UI is a must! As we continue to expand and add new products, you will completely own your work product and be empowered to make the major architectural decisions that go with designing any new product.
Specifically, you will:
- Create elegant user flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototype interactions, and polished visual designs for the ShearShare mobile and Web site
- Conduct stylist and host research through interviews, surveys, and usability tests to inform design and identify new product opportunities
- Collaborate with other ShearShare team members to turn complex problems into easy-to-use, engaging, and practical design solutions
- Influence product specifications and execute design work with a standard of excellence
- Be autonomous and a confident self-starter who takes full ownership of your work
- Must be detail-oriented
- Partner with other ShearShare team members to ensure consistency of our design language, brand voice, and brand experience
- 3-5 years of end-to-end product design experience, including information architecture, user research, wireframing, prototyping, and visual design
- Ability to think big . . . like, really BIG
- Know how to present design work effectively and communicate decision logic
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-quality visual and interaction “mobile-first” design
- Must have a teachable spirit, operate with integrity, have a positive disposition, be consistent, and desire to understand the B2B aspects of the beauty industry
Please send cover letter and RESUME to email@example.com, ATTN: Courtney Caldwell.